This one pot pasta dish is a perfect mix of creamy and spicy that comes together perfectly with the peppers and meat. Its use of both chicken and sausage brings interesting texture combinations to the dish that both pair well with the spicy overtones.
From start to end, making this recipe only requires a cutting board, knife, pot, and stirring spoon. Its an easy meal to prepare AND and easy meal to clean up after. Maybe it’s even the trifecta of easy to prep, easy to clean, AND tastes great!
We use this meal’s leftovers for lunches during the week. It keeps surprisingly well in the fridge for at least 4 days. It also stays well in the freezer and thaws with the original texture.
Cajun Chicken & Sausage Pasta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 lb Sausage
- 1 cup Sliced Bell Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning Like Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 3.5 cup Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 450 g Pasta 1 Average Sized Package
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- Begin by heating oil in a pot and putting in the cut up chicken.
- Once the chicken is most of the way cooked through, add the sliced sausage.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, and Cajun seasoning and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in the stock and heavy cream, and add the pasta. Bring the pasta to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and parsley and enjoy!